Soon to be in a ST again!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Long

Reaction score
After a 4 year hiatus, I'm slated to be in a Sport Trac again 2 weeks from today! Assuming the weather plays nice and the Northeast doesn't continue to get bombarded by snow and ice storms, my wife and I are scheduled to fly to Maine on the 27th and pick up Vic's 2001 ST that is for sale. We'll stop off outside of Boston to visit my sister-in-law for a day or so, then road trip it home over the next day or two. Oh, and we'll also be making a stop somewhere for some fresh lobster, as it's on my wife's bucket list to eat lobster in Maine, and was one of the bribes used to convince her that this was a good idea, lol.

Needless to say, I'm super excited to be back in the family. I loved the 2006 F150 Lariat I had, but I stopped using it for work and didn't really need the size (nor the payment) anymore. I then picked up a 2000 Explorer XLT with the 5.0 V-8 last year and went through the entire suspension and tuned it up and tweaked it a little to make a really nice driving vehicle, but every time I see a ST around town I still miss the one I had. Vic seems to have set his up quite well and already did a lot of the work I would likely do, so his was too good a deal to pass up. I've got a few plans for it, and will definitely post up some pics once it's in my hands!

On a side note, I'll have a really clean 2000 Explorer 2WD V-8 up for sale soon, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Dan! You are one of the original "old timers" I could always count on for advice and accurate info. Welcome home and congrats. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Steve!

TrainTrac, believe me, it's a recurring thought that I keep having... when I bought my first 2001 ST years ago, I was also coming out of a 2000 Explorer V-8 and had planned to do exactly that. I kept the Explorer around for several months but was in the middle of major home renovations and just didn't have the time available to do it. I can't say that I have a ton of time available these days either, but we'll see.... :grin:

Hello Dan,

Good to see you coming back...:supercool:

Also The wheels ARE NOT for sale.....:cheeky::bwahaha:

For those that dont know. I bought my wheels from Dan...:driving: