Spare IAC motor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 62785

Reaction score
If I wanted to pick up a spare IAC motor for my ST would it make more sense to get one from a salvage yard or from Ford? Are they very expensive?

Kewl!!! For that kind of money I'd think that it would make sense to just buy a new one. Any advantage to getting one used? And from what I've read here replacing one shouldn't take more than 10 minutes or so.

Hmm... just checked it out on RockAuto and I found 2 different IAC motors listed:

Item Price Core Total Add to Cart

MOTORCRAFT Part # CX1915

1L5E-9F715AB Idle Air Control Valve; SOHC Eng. {#2L5Z9F715BA} $41.79 $0.00 $41.79

MOTORCRAFT Part # CX1791

XL2E-9F715AB Idle Air Control Valve; SOHC Eng. {#YU3Z9F715AA} More Info

$59.79 $0.00 $59.79

Does the part differ based on whether my truck was Job 1 or 2? Or are they just different versions of the same thing? For what its worth my ST is an 01 Job 1.

Thanks for the assist guys! I appreciate it... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the cheaper of the 2 and it fit on my 2001 job 2 so maybe the job 1's are the more expensive of the two would have to email rockauto to find out the difference.

The cheaper one has the electrical connector at a right angle (this is the one i need for my 2001)

The more expensive one has the plug straight out the back.