Spark plug and Wires Installation Prices

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Baltagi

Reaction score
Has anyone changed there plugs and wires? How much did it cost you?? Whats a reasonable price that a mechanic would chargefor labor... I have the plugs and wires, all i need is the installation. Any figures? I just want to know what a good price range would be before i go in...

Thanks

Sean

Sean,

It isn't that hard to change them. If you lived farther up north, I would invite you to the house to replace them.

I did mine, it wasn't super easy to do, but nowhere as hard as peole here make them out to be.

Tom

Tom, you must have small hands, I left a DNA trail doing the pass. side plugs on mine. Some of the cuts just healed and that was over 3 months ago. (not kidding);)

Stone,

Nope, I wouldn't say my hands are large, but they arent small either. I guess average size.

When you did the right side of the engine, did you go through the wheel well? I did abd the only plug that was difficult was the plug farthest towards the tranny.

When I installed my plugs, I indexed them. In other words, I technically did the job twice. Once to screw the plug in, check it's position, remove it, install the right washer, then put the plug back in. No biggie.

Tom

Yeah it was the one back by the trans. and the one right in front of it. I went through the wheel and the heat shroud from the exhaust got a good chunk of me when it broke loose. (40,000 miles) It was all down hill from there, not a good start to the project.;)