Spark Plug Wire Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garry Moss

Reaction score
I have a question about my 2004 ST wire set????? Why is one of the wires have a grey boot and the rest are black?? Just curious.......:banana:

I thought that but the stock set it's mark 3, but this new set doesn't have any markings somi was just wandering why it is gray in color :0)

dam I can't type on these small smart phones, what I was trying to say is, yes I thought it might be cylinder 1 but the original set I took off had the cylinder numbers stamped on them and the one with the gray boot is number 3. Just really curious why all are black boots but the one. Thought maybe my factory set was just a mishap but my replacement ones have the same thing :0)

Not sure on the boot color issue. I've always matched the new/ old wires by length. The factory coil pack is marked so when you hook up the new wires just make sure you connect them to the correct cylinder if you remove all of them tomatch lengths.

Latest posts