Speakers any good?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FL ST

Reaction score
Any one know if this would be a nice upgrade from factory. I'm just looking for clear bass. Nothing thumping, just nice clear bass.
4dce165b3607f0f6cd64f2361a5dcb99.jpg

Item Description

These 3-way speakers are designed as upgrades for the factory speakers in many Fords and Mazdas. They can handle 220 watts of peak power.

Aramid fiber-reinforced cones

Quality butyl rubber surrounds

1-5/8-inch balanced dome midrange with strontium magnet and magnetic fluid

3/8-inch dome tweeter

2-1/2-inch mounting depth

1/3-inch tweeter protrusion

Cutout dimensions: 7-3/8" x 5-1/8"

91 dB sensitivity

Frequency response from 30 to 38,000 Hz

4 ohms impedance

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll be pleased with those. I have them in my rear doors and need to get a pair for the front. Aftermarket radio gives them enough power but could probably use a small amp for more sound.

I've had good luck with the Pioneer speakers I've bought in the past. They're more of an 'economy' speaker, but they are a good value for the $$.

How do you think they would sound with the factory radio or should I go for an aftermarket?

Aftermarket is going to sound better. I play MP3's through a Pioneer head unit without an amp and I like it. Very crisp clear sound with the Pioneer's.

Those will be a nice upgrade from factory, aftermarket would sound better but stock is fine, amp will be better also but don't waste your time unless your putting in an aftermarket HU. Recommendations are based on only if you're looking for a quick swapout and better sound. If you've got more money to burn and time, def go w/amp and aftermarket HU.

It's pretty nuch all according to how good you want and how much you want to spend. I've alwys felt that the biggest limitation with the stock radio is the speakers it's being played thru. If your only going to change one thing with your system, you will get more from new/better after market speakers than any other change IMO. But, of course, a good after market HU and amp will make it even better.

Chet

Latest posts