Speed Bleeders.....good thing or not?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE442

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Some where way to close to the effen city
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I ordered 6 Speed Bleeders to install on all 4 calipers on my '76 C3 Corvette? Most on the Corvette Forum like them but some say they've had issues with them leaking and it also hasn't made bleeding the system and better. Does anyone on this site have experiences with them or thoughts about using them?

Thanks,
OLE442

I bought the speed bleeders for my trac. Years ago, when I did my first brake job. I kept getting air and spongy brakes. Put the old ones back in. No more problems. So Im not sold on them, personaly.
If I had talked to my brother first. He would have told me dont do it..didnt' work for him either.
I have a vacuum device now, when Im alone. Im stuck in the old school of looking for the air bubbles from the tubing in the jar of fluid. IMO you cant beat what you can see....

Well, a lot of members on the Corvette Forum question their usefulness and problems some have encountered. Your post swayed me to just send them back and go with the old fashioned way Eddie. BTW, what vacuum device do you use or recommend.....I may be looking for one.

Thanks agin for your help and info....as usual!
OLE442

The first one looks like the kit I bought to pressure test my cooling system on the Vette. It worked great. It seems that the vacuum kit is the opposite in the fact that it is a vacuum and pulls from the braking system. So, am I to assume you connect the vacuum pump to the bleeder on each caliper and draw the fluid out there? Do you have the cover on the master cylinder off, loosely on or clamped down while vacuum bleeding each line? I'll probably be going to Harbor Freight to get one of the pumps you listed soon.

I have the MC cap loose. Just be sure to keep up with the level. Air in the ABS can be alot of purging.