Speedway Cocktail

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was watching Truck U on Speed TV, and they were doing a on Speedway Cocktail which is now known a ZMax. It looked pretty impressive. Has anyone used it? They said it is not an oil additive, but works with your oil. You put it in the engine, gas tank and tranny.

Rodger,

Did you notice that they did not show conventional oils being absorbed into the metal? That's because penetrating into the metal is of no value in an engine. Engines lubrication depends upon a thin film of oil separating two metal parts from directly contacting each other. Penetration into the metal does nothing to increase engine life.

Oil manufacturers have used a number of items to reduce friction in an engine, to include teflon (PTFE's), tallow (talcum powder) and even graphite powder. All of them work to some degree, but they don't survive very long.

The best lubrication pruducts are those that cling to the surface of the metal parts rather than penetrate into the pores of the metal where it does not do any good to reduce metal to metal contact.

Does ZMax work? I don't know, but I do know that oil penetrating into the metal does nothing to prevent metal to metal contact, friction and wear. Only a film of oil on the surface of the metal will prevent metal to metal contact.

...Rich