Sport Trac Boat Towing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The height of the ball depends on the trailer not the vehicle. Set your trailer on level ground and level the trailer out and measure from the ground to the bottom of the coupler...then do the same to the rear of your track to figure how much drop/rise you will need for a ball mount. The measurement you come up with from the trailer is the height of the ball mount.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the trailer. It's a typical setup for a 21' boat... but the trailer's at the cabin and I don't have it here to measure. I would think most mid-size boat trailers ride with the coupler at very similar heights...

I don't know about any average height....We have a Centurion Tornado which is a 22 foot tournament wakeboard boat and I pull with my ST and our Tahoe...the tahoe still needs 2 inch ball lift for the trailer to sit level and it is taller than the ST. A lot of guys around here have malibu boats and there trailers always seem to sit high too. Probably and inboard thing. No way of really knowing without measuring.

Just to follow up on this: my boat dealer said that 18-20" was the appropriate "top of ball" height for my 21' Glastron I/O on its trailer. I can't guarantee that'll work for all mid-size boat trailers, but I bet it's pretty close.

Latest posts