SPORT TRAC TOWING

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAUL AGUILAR

Reaction score
I saw some pictures of you guys towing some rather large loads and was wondering if you had to modify the sport trac in some way or if you can do that straight from the show room?

I am refering to some one towing another truck on a trailer and a huge boat.

Thank you.

[Broken External Image]:

Hidden hitch 2 5/16 ball

Also ee sway bar, mac 3" exhaust. homade kn intake, procomp shocks, bridgestone revos

Last edited by a moderator:
My mods are: Rancho shocks, EE sway bar, RoadMaster Active Suspension, Xcal tune, Mac Intake, and larger tranny pan soon to be put on along with larger diff. cover.

Gary D. in CT

Gary, where'd you pick up the RoadMaster Active Suspension? I thought there was a site sponsor, but I haven't been able to find a link here.

I have the sway bar, shocks and class 5(???) trailer hitch, very heavy duty hitch purchased used from a site member by the way. I just recently towed and launched a 5000 lbs boat with no trailer brakes. Not a single problem. This was all on flat roads here in Florida and the ramp was not steep. I don't believe I would try towing this load across country or anywhere when mountains would be an issue but was absolutely no problem on level roads.

I pull a 22'Travel trailer. I have the sway bar and Monroe SensaTrac shocks. I also use the Equilizer system for weigh distribution and anti-sway. Use the Ford class 3 hitch. Also had to rewire from the 4 pin to 7 pin plug and install a brake controller to hook up the trailer brakes. That's the only mods I have done to tow with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pull a 23' Hybrid Travel Trailer. I have the EE sway bar, Rancho RSX shocks, and Roadmaster Active Suspension. I also use the Equal-i-zer weight distribution hitch with anti-sway bars, and a seven-pin plug with brake controller.

[Broken External Image]:

Towing my 19' boat requires only a Class III tow hitch.

That, and the 4-wheel-drive comes in very handy when pulling the boat out of a wet, slick boat landing. Not really a mod, but an optional feature that comes in very handy.