sporttrac lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRENT BERRY

Reaction score
Just lookin for soem info and tips guys !

I have a 2004 trac ..4x4 .....and i bought the 3" p.a. body lift and the warrior 153 shakles ....just looking for some body lift tips ? or doo's and dont's ???anything that woudl be helpful with doin the lift i am mechanicly inclined and will be using a hoist at a buddies shop !!just anythign tips or other wise would help ..... i have 285/75/16 for tires gunna go on it for now and for the winter but come summer i want to go ith 33" and 8 or 10" wide rims .? does anyone have an input on that ? what rims are better 8" or 10" wide ? thanx alot any info would be great

brent !

I put my 3'' PA body lift on myself as well. Very time consuming, but overall a great mod. Just be sure to check clearance of ALL hoses when finished. My AC hose was pushing up against the idler pulley and the hose immediately developed a hole in it. You will love the lift, I went with the same size tires as you as well. Check my gallery for a few photos of installation and the finished product.

15" wheels and tires are usually a bunch cheaper than 16". A 33x12.50-15 on a 15x8 rim with 3.75" backspacing is common and will fit fine. With the bodylift you CAN run a 15x10 with 4" to 4.5" backspacing. The only thing with 10's are that they are a little harder on the front wheel bearings but as long as you clean, repack, and adjust them once a year they should be fine.

Latest posts