Squishy Clutch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I went out to drive to work. I noticed that the clutch pedal required substantially less pressure to press in. Tranny seems to be catching and shifting okay, although I am concerned that this may lead to a bigger problem. I have an '02 with about 99k. Maybe a fluid change?

might be time for a new clutch and related parts w/ 99k on the clock but don't know how you would "test" it to see if replacement is needed. You don't ride the clutch or any bad habits like that do you?

My guess from experience is you have a slight leak and or air in the line. Check resevoir and any moisture along the line. Keep us updated. God luck.

Bleed the clutch mater cylinder and the the slave cylinder via the bleed on the slave cylinder. Sounds to me you have air in the line or moisture. And with moisture you will have air.

I had the same thing happen to me tonight. Have never had problems and don't believe I am hard on the clutch. 1992, 77,000 miles. Only difference I was driving and one time I went to shift and it went pretty soft. Had 3 miles to get home and made it fine. Don't know what will happen in the morning. Got about ten miles to make it to the shop. Wonder how much this is gonna cost me.

I had the same thing happen to me tonight. Have never had problems and don't believe I am hard on the clutch. 1992, 77,000 miles. Only difference I was driving and one time I went to shift and it went pretty soft. Had 3 miles to get home and made it fine. Don't know what will happen in the morning. Got about ten miles to make it to the shop. Wonder how much this is gonna cost me.

Man, you can say that again.

Latest posts