ST 4.6L vs Mustang GT 4.6L

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you can get identical performance for each? And all aftermarket parts that would fit on the Mustang should fit on the ST (space provided)?

Intake is different, some electronics, some accessories....

Most other stuff will work..

Todd Z

Todd, The 07+ TB's you sell, does it improve the throttle response noticably? I plan to have the intake and exhaust next week, and I am going to order the SCT Livewire from Torrie I think. Either that or the X3.

I have a Gen 1 4.6 and could have sworn that is what I heard, but if I am crazy please let me know because that would make me happy to know...

I hope you are not talking about a Sport Trac. There was never a Gen 1 4.6L ST.

Tom

Quote:

I have a Gen 1 4.6 and could have sworn that is what I heard, but if I am crazy please let me know because that would make me happy to know...

I hope you are not talking about a Sport Trac. There was never a Gen 1 4.6L ST.

Maybe he meant Job 1, current style....

Ordered my Livewire from Torrie last night... Cant fricken wait! Got the Muffler today, and just waiting for the black tube K&N intake to come in, sometime next week.

Im so excited I just cant hide it! :)

I chose it cause its more expensive so it must be better ;)

Uhmmm... So all of those things that are different can be changed to be identical to the mustang? Excluding the fan I suppose.

Hey, I've got both 07's, an ST Ltd and a GT/CS. Guess I can switch motors .... then I'll have two vehicles that are ???:wacko:

One major difference is that the truck engine uses an iron block while the Stang's block is alloy. Might not affect bolt-ons but it certainly affects the weight of the vehicle.