ST truck bed extender

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anupam Routh

Reaction score
Greetings! Today, I saw a ST in next lane while I was coming to work. It had a bed extender. I am short. I am thinking of improving the the rear view from driver's seat. If I install the bed extender and keep the tail gate down, will it improve rear vision? With thanks.

Just try driving with the tailgate down. I doubt you will be able to see any better with it down. All I really see out the back is the top of my tailgate. If you are really concerned about seeing out the back, you migh want to invest in a rear-view camera system.

Just did a search, here are a few yards stocking OEM extenders...

2005 Pickup Bed Ford Explorer BED EXTENSION ONLY $150 Maughan Auto Salvage, Ltd. USA-TX(Weatherford) E-mail 1-877-596-5518 Miles from you, 414

2001 Pickup Bed ALUM.BED EXTENSION KE3191 $Call J and T Auto Parts, Inc. USA-NC(Marion) E-mail 1-800-274-8090 Miles from you, 512

2002 Pickup Bed Ford Explorer Sport BED EXT. ONLY CHROME BARS 080612 $225 Camp Auto Salvage USA-OH(Barberton) E-mail 1-800-745-0655 Miles from you, 764

There are a few more, but cost more and are further away.