STA build numbers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Magliocca

Reaction score
Anyone know the number of Adrenelin models built in model years 08-10? Since specific body cladding, and wheels were involved in that option package, there must be some numbers somewhere?

Just over 2 1/2 years ago, I was searching for a mid-life crisis(reward) car. When I finally decided on exactly what I wanted, roughly 2200 of that model was built in model years 1996-1998. I started a nationwide search, before finding one that felt just right...just 4 hours from me in NJ.

I am getting the feeling that my search for a STA is gonna follow a similar path. I suspect the build numbers are higher for the STA than 2200, but there are certainly less available in the marketplace than when I was looking for the car. Maybe these are still to new to be out there in large numbers, and maybe the current owners simply don't want to part with them Afterall, there isn't alot available...if anything, that would pull on those same strings...IMHO anyway.

So, any idea on build numbers, or how I could find that out?

thanks all

Try Ford's Media website (link below). If you can't find what you're looking for by searching that site, maybe you'll be able to email someone at Ford who can help.

couldn't find any build numbers there. Any other suggestions?

Three model years, maybe...MAYBE 5-10% of those built per year had the Adrenalin package?

10,000 per year build totals...so something like 30K ST's built total, could we be looking at between 1500-3000 total Adrenalins?

I'd LOVE to know.

Joe, you might call or email Ford to ask how the hoi polloi finds out such numbers. I'll bet they'll be more than happy to assist.

"hoi polloi"...translation please.

Amazing how much detail some manufacturers keep on production, others not so much. I 'll follow up with Ford, and naturally I'll share whatever information I get.

My understanding is that Ford has never differentiated or cataloged individual model types when publishing Explorer sales data. For publishing purposes, Explorer, Explorer Sport, and Explorer Sport Trac in any trim level are just lumped together.

I think the deluxe build sheet from Ford will tell an owner all available production figures. If anybody has ordered and gotten one, maybe they could look at theirs. I used to have the link where it could be ordered, but I can't find it anymore. :banghead:

Latest posts