STA Tuning

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
I've been pretty set on an SCT flash tuner. I was shopping around trying to learn more about how these claims for HP and MPG are made over stock. I was hoping Torrie and Andy could take a look at this auction and tell me if these are realistic gains. It seems almost to good to be true at that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2in1-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-FORD-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-1991-08_W0QQitemZ360061735868QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360061735868&

just buy one from them...??? help support our sponsers....

i will be purchasing on from Mr. Torrie shortly

hes real helpful!

Torie: FastPartsNetwork.com

THere are a few others out there that can tune the Trac's too....but from what I have eard Torie and his service is the Best!!! Def a great product, just need to free up some cash before I can get one.

Word. That crap is expensive. Probably over 30% margin. People that want these types of products typically but at whatever cost is listed. Kinda like our Lincoln buyers!

I looked at the ebay add. You not going to get a decent tune from a $10 chip. Most likley is a resistor to a sensor add on, to trick the computer.

Break out the money and buy the xcal tuner that is prooven technology. Also when you buy from one of this sites sponsors, it keeps this site running and free. Plus you are going to get better backup service than you will outside the site, just to save $30.;)

Heh, I was looking through my emails and I think I've spoken via email to Torrie before. I wonder if that's the guy Dingo sent me to when I was bugging him over the phone while drinking in a bar lol.

lol thats who Paul from zabteck and Dingo sent me...

been emailing Mr. Torrie and he's a real cool guy, really helpful.

all three of them are actually!!!

owe u 3 big time!

next meet, ill buy dinner? lol haha;)

anyway dude... they are some helpful guys, u got questions... they got answers and the product we want... :cool:

I know man! I was listening to Andy on the phone a month ago for at least 30min like a starving kung fu student learning the greatest martial arts secret from his grand master. He actually made me swear not to put a Roush tip on my STA :) lol. Cool people!

I wander why he told you that about the ROUSH Tip? I like mine..... in fact I was the first to come up with it! I have actually got a ton of compliments on it! XST wanted to do the same thing but decided not to once he recieved it in the mail! Just suprises me that Dingo was so strong against doing the mod>?????? Dingo?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z6zR5ML5f6E&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z6zR5ML5f6E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts