STA V8 VS DAKOTA 5.9L?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
Anyone ever race one of those short box, reg cab, sport Dakotas with the 5.9L V8?

I've got a feeling it would smoke even a V8 STA. It looks to be at least a half ton lighter and probably has more under the hood than my 4.6L could make on it's best day!

I Know Gary S and I messed around with the same Jerk in his blue one..... I believe Gary beat him, I was neck and neck, But killed him on the turns and handling the roads here...

Yes, Yes, I know streat racing....

Todd Z

I had my doors blown off by a full-size Dodge pickup 4x4 diesel... He left me like I was sitting still, even though my V8 was screaming through the six gears...

I was so ashamed and embarrased. Had to check my parts to see if I was even a man...

Gavin....now that's hilarious!!

'07 ST:lol:

full-size Dodge pickup 4x4 diesel

yeah man those cummins are sickkkk. diesel is no joke, especially if he had toys on it. when i first got my truck i went to a buddies house, i was 16 y/o and didn't know much about diesel, well i took his dad on in his '02 duramax dually, he left a strip (yes a dually left strips) down the entire road right by me!

i'll be in a diesel next vehicle

todd,

wasn't me, i would never do anything like that :eek:

southern state pkwy coming home from engishtown ? oh yea ;)

my speed limititer let todd get the top end :angry:

not sure the dodge was a 5.9.

my heavy fully loaded 07 v-8 ran a 16.2 1/4 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, That was a 4 door explorer on the SS.......

Remember when we were on the phone, Thta was the dodge guy...

Todd Z

Around my hood there are many ford and dodge diesels, that have done some performance work. They are very amazing. One of my uncles wont tell me all he has done to his F-250. That trucks torque will push you back in the seat.:cool: