Static shock when changing gear

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
I've noticed that sometimes, under certain humidity and weather conditions, my right hand will get a static shock just as I am shifting the gear selector from park. The pinky will feel it but it's mild enough not to be annoying. Just weird. Anybody else have this happen to them?

I have cloth seats and get it when I get out. I have been trying to touch the door with my elbow first, after I get out, before my fingers..:huh:

This is only a minor inconvenience, unless it occurs while refueling your car. There is a video at the link below that shows what happens. This story is from 10 days ago, in Minnesota.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yupper, Nelson. The cold weather her in PA (has been in the 30s and 40s up until yesterday) has people doing stupid things again, like refueling their car when its running and hoping in and out of the car to stay warm while refueling.

Dump...even though there are signs all over the pumps that tell you not to do it.

Latest posts