Steering Wheel / Seat Leather

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
I know its been discussed on here numerous times but would like info from people who have dealt with the situation recently. Steering wheel peeling and rear leather seat section cracking badly. Rear seat never even gets used. 24,000 some odd miles. Do I have any warranty recourse? Other dealership/manufacturer options for repair? Thanks

CALL HERE AND YOU CAN GET ONE AT 40.00 JUST ABOUT NEW. http://www.greenleafauto.com/loc-detail.asp?id=22

http://www.greenleafauto.com/loc-detail.asp?id=22

I have the '05 XLT with cloth seats. The driver's side is beginning to look really bad with 31K. I have been careful, but the outside edge towards the door is really getting frayed. The berber mat on the driver's side is looking bad as well.

My steering wheel was getting kind of nasty but I used leather cleaner and it looks ok so it wasn't peeling or cracking or anything.

I went to wheelskins.com and ordered some swatches. It really is a nice cover, and their listed size for the ST is a hit, even over the factory cover. Looks real nice, just a PITA to install. Took me about 60 minutes, not including the hour trip to the craft store for some embroidery needles when the included needle broke about half way through the stitching.

I'm glad I bought a 6 pack, the second needle broke on the 3rd to last stitch.

The cover is really comfortable and isn't noticeable as aftermarket. Really glad I got it, now it's making me want a katzkin leather interior it smells so good.

I installed one of the wheelskins on my F-150 about 3 or 4 years ago. Like Nobleman said it was somewhat of a pain, but you would have a hard time telling it from factory. It is still in good condition with little care.