Steering Wheel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Dammes

Reaction score
I know this has been posted several times, but I never got an answer on what everyne has done to fix the problem. I just finished cleaning the daylights out of the inside of my 2004 trac when I was disappointed by the fact everything looks showroom new but the steering wheel. I tried a while back to have it replaced but the dealer would not replace it saying it was natural wear and tear(I read awhile back on the site about some people who were able to do that). Any suggestion on what to do ? I am not really sold on the steering wheel covers. I guess a new steering wheel would be quite pricey, although I would like to have one with radio controls. (The one feature I never understood was not available) Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Radio controls are not an option on the Gen1 st's....

With my discount, I think I got my TAN steering wheel new for around $160.00 and the Grey one was $125.00....

I just replaced the one in my 04.... IT was a lot easier...

Todd Z

I got a great cover at Auto zone.. Bell makes it, 10 bux..I mean the leather is very high quality.. Lemme see if I can find you a pic.. * Update* Here ya go..

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody have these? i dont like the covers, but my steering wheel is bad. i'm too cheap to buy a whole new wheel.

http://www.explorerexpress.com/steering-wheel-cover-0105-sport-trac-wheelskins-p-503.html