Stereo swap question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Tarr

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2003 ST that has a standard stock sound system. What I want to do is, transfer the premium Pioneer 6 CD system with the sub from my wrecked 2003 ST. What wiring problems am I going to run into? Thanks....Jim:banana:

Just need the harness from the radio to the sub from the wreck,,,,

That should be all you need.

Todd Z

Thanks Todd. I wasn't sure if the wiring was the same with the systems or not. The seat wiring wasn't. I put the leather heated seats in from the yellow ST and it was not the same. I thought that there may be an unused plug for the heaters ....not! All similar but not the same.

Thank you again,

Jim:supercool:

When it comes to options and wiring, Ford stopped leaving the plugs and wires in there for cost......

Todd Z

I recently bought a 2003 ST that has a standard stock sound system. What I want to do is, transfer the premium Pioneer 6 CD system with the sub from my wrecked 2003 ST. What wiring problems am I going to run into? Thanks....Jim:banana:
It might take a bit of extra wiring knowledge, I tried this same thing but gave up and re-enstalled the original Pioneer 6 Disk unit (About 30 wires) back into the original truck and just bought a totally new stereo for my other sport trac (15 Wires).

Latest posts