Still doin it!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
i cleaned out my iac valve and my truck still randomely goes dead when i'm sittin in drive. i have to put it in neutral and rev for it to stay cranked! What do i do?

Check your air filter to make sure it is clean; if OEM type replace it, and if aftermarket clean it. Since you have an '01 I would also check the EGR valve hose since they did come out with an updated version, and check to make sure you timing chain is good as it could be stretched. And just for good measure I'd throw a good gas treatment, like Techron or Royal Purple, in a Full tank of gas.

Mine never actually died, but it would sputter and caugh at times. Getting rid of the buildup aorund the throttle fixed it. I just did a project on this. Click on the wrench.

the title is the closest thing you could comeup with because i cleaned the iac valve to keep my truck from stalling and it didn't fix it therefore ITS STILL DOING IT! thanks for the project

the title is the closest thing you could comeup with because i cleaned the iac valve to keep my truck from stalling and it didn't fix it therefore ITS STILL DOING IT! thanks for the project