Still looking for a Gen Sport Trac V8 transmission remote dipstick kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE442

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Some where way to close to the effen city
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
One of the things I dislike about the design of my Sport trac is the fact that you have to check the tranny fluid level from the underside of the truck. I know some have added a dipstick kit in the past, but I haven't seen info that gives me the best kit and the part numbers to complete the addition. If anyone has the complete info I'd appreciate it. I have a two post lift that helped the last time I checked it but I have my 1972 Cutlass 442 on the lift until I get it painted and reassembled so it's a PITA for this old man to do the fluid check laying on the ground! Any info appreciated!!

The mustang kit works, its just a little short..... There was a company selling a better pan and dipstick kit too for the trucks... 6r60 and 6r80 same kit.

What's short......the tube or where it registers on the dipstick? If it will work, what site sells the one that will work? Thanks Todd

The height of the tube in the engine bay...... Its not bad just a little annoying.... Just google Mustang 6r60 or 6r80 dipstick and pan kit. there was a truck one out there too... No clue if its still around.

Latest posts