****Stock Navigation System****

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Wooten

Reaction score
I don't know a lot about the stock navigation system but if anyone can tell me how they like it & if it would be worth buying one to install the in my rig. Does anyone have one for sale by chance?

Thanks Woot.....

I have an OEM Nav unit in my '10 STA. It came factory with the 6 disc premium sound and I upgraded it to the navigation. I am satisfied with the upgrade and enjoy the other features the nav headunit provides. It is not a simple plug and play upgrade however, it involves wiring changes to the clockspring in the steering column, sync wiring in the console, steering wheel control changes, an external amp wired in, and a splitter for your XM antenna (nav antenna is already there). I did mine myself, but a good install shop will probably do it for you. You can buy kits on line with all you need, usual cost around $1500.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Free WAZE app on my phone sounds fine to me.... LOL

Todd Z

WOW! That is Sweeeet....You did a great job there. Nice & Clean looking. I hadn't seen the OEM Nav unit before(there elusive little creatures). Thank You for your time to post & share.

We have the OEM navigation system in our Mountaineer.

Total waste of money. Doesn't have 1/4 the functions of a Garmin Nuvi and 10 times the price. Map updates are stupidly expensive.

Total waste!!!

Tom

Latest posts