Streets Be Slick

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Weatherman called for 1" to 3" of snow. Got about 5" so far and it's not slowing down. Treacherous streets tonight. I slid into a pole making a turn and now I need a new taillight for my Trac. That and a little scrape on the bumper seems to be the only damage. :angry:

But my uncle gave me $20 for snowblowing his driveway! :banana:

Anybody got a right side taillight for an '08 they're not using?

Yeah defintely alot of fun driving in this $hl+ today. I got around pretty good, didn't have any problems going just couldn't stop too easily. I put it in 4low and 1st gear and drove down the hills to get home to help slow me down without hitting the brakes until absolutely neccessary. Alost went into a hillside but I'm just that good of a driver. it helps that I grew up in the mounatins of Oregon, Washington and Idaho and know how to drive in snow without the help of a salt/plow truck. I went outside and measure the snow in th yard, I already have 6.75" and it's coming down even heavier now, ya buddy. 1-3" my ass, gotta love Pittsburgh weather.

:driving:

Ya, so far 4" of snow on top of 1" of frozen slush. Halfway up the hill to my house there is a T intersection where I turn left onto another hill. So you have to gas it but I just couldn't hold it. Some of the slickest streets I've ever seen tonight.

If you can't find something local, here is a list to help you...

Tail Light

Ford Explorer NOF $50 11th Avenue Auto & Truck Recyclers Inc. USA-FL(Hialeah) E-mail 1-305-688-4339

Tail Light

Ford Explorer NEW IN BOX, AFT $50 250 East Auto Recycling USA-VA(Louisa) E-mail 434-589-5770

Tail Light

Ford Explorer NEW AFTERMARKET LIFETIME WARRANTY D100 $45 Riteway Auto Salvage USA-AL(Munsford) E-mail 1-800-365-8036

Tail Light

Ford Explorer RH,(QTR MTD), SPORT TRAC, R. C PMD82468 $45 LKQ Brighton USA-MI(Brighton) E-mail 800-522-2897 / 248-446-4993

Tail Light

Ford Explorer RH,OEM,COMP,NICE 805644 $35 All Star Auto Lights USA-MI(Westland) Request_Quote 877-204-0074 Request_Insurance_Quote

Tail Light

Ford Explorer Sport Trac OEM VERY NICE NOF $30 Lights R Us USA-NC(Flat-Rock) E-mail 888-696-2060 / 828-696-2060

Sorry to hear about your ding. Not sure how I would handle, that kind of weather. I know how other houston drivers would. When it rains our residents think. It means to speed up..LOL

It was 74 here today.

Just started snow here on the Jersey shore at about 10pm. How long has it lasted out there? So I know what to expect in the morning. Forecast is for 3-6 inches. Bob

Johnny,

Do you care if it has a small scrape? I had to replace my fathers after he backed too close to a ladder hanging on his garage wall. Probably 2" long, but not terribly noticeable at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob, it started snowing here about 3:30pm and so far I've measured 8.25"'s of snow at my house, it looks like it's starting to slow down now though. This slush/snow is definetly worse then the straight ice storm we got last month, way more accidents and traffic backups this time then any others that I remember for around here. I wonder how many people will be calling me for either rides or to get pulled out of ditches, guardrails, tree's, etc. tomorrow, same people that make fun of my Ford. :driving:

News on TV is saying that commutes to Pittsburgh that normally took an hour were taking 3 hours. We got about 2" of wet snow that froze, then another 6" on top of that. My snowblower kept clogging because the tines would get packed with snow. Never had that happen before. I just used it like a snow plow instead. Problem is that road salt won't work quickly because they have to plow first.

Thanks Coastie. :haveabeer:

We got abou 12-15" roughly the last 2 days. Sunday evening it came down really hard with 30-40mph wind all day. I was out ice fishing and luckily the trac made it through the snow drift on shore no problem. I love my new tires though. They've gone through the snow decent in 2wd, but when I lock in the 4wd, it gets going nice and straight, and stops pretty good. They only time I slipped was on the lake with the glare ice.:banana:

Yeah, I've already pulled a couple cars out this morning. This snow is wet and heavy as hell man. There's cars and trucks on the sides of the highway all over the place down here in the city. The thick ass 2"'s of ice isn't making things any better and when the plow trucks actually come through and plow the street their making it worse, might as well bring out he Zamboni machine and plow the streets. The salt is a waste because the slush ice is too thick and hard to melt down from the salt.

:driving::banana::cheeky::driving::driving::supercool:

Got a better look in the daylight. A fingernail-sized chip is busted out under the taillight. Lease is up next month too and I'm going to buy it. I think I'll just call the insurance company.

Update:

I passed the same utility pole yesterday and you can still see pieces of my taillight wedged into the wood.

I went to a local junkyard that a bud of works at, they couldn't find a used one anywhere close but ordered me a new repro unit for $50. Looks just like OE.

Latest posts