Strut assemblies

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjwolfe82

V6 Engine
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Adrenalin
Reaction score
My driver side coil spring broke ('10 Adrenalin). Searched everywhere and called dealers only to find out that the spring itself is discontinued. I thought I had a pair from Rockauto but a day after ordering, they msg'd me that their inventory was wrong. So apparently all I could do now was get a strut assembly. I had read in another thread about the Monroe 271124 strut assembly and how it raises the ride height. I went ahead a got a pair, put them on and sure enough it is about 1.5 inches higher.
I suppose now I need to get the rears...Monroe 271125...and see if I can get the back to match. It's not really that noticable except just to me probably but, still.
Anyone else run into this? ...have an alternative?

Hey Wolfe, I've encountered the same problem on my '09 Adrenalin. Drivers side spring broke. I'm going down the same path as you, planning to buy the Monroe 271124s for the front. Did you end up installing the 271125s in the back? Did this level the ride out?

Thanks, Len

I recently replaced my entire suspension.
Yes, entire, all new assemblies from control arms to complete new knuckle assemblies. 28 parts/assemblies in all.
At 300+k and all original, I figured it had done it's duty. I plan on keeping this ride till I die.
Anyways, I put in the Monroe strut assemblies listed here and couldn't be happier. The truck rides absolutely beautifully, and is level. Yes, the current ride height is a bit higher than it was, but the old springs definitely had notable sag to them.
According to my alignment shop (specialized shop, this is all he does, from rv's to rally and drag cars) the STA is now bang on original specs.
How badly worn out the springs were was especially noticed the first time I hooked up to the boat (3000lbs +/-) after they were changed, back end barely moved. On the old springs it came down a good 1.5 inches.
You will be very happy when it's done, I certainly am.
I found rockauto had the best pricing, even after paying shipping and customs here in Canada.

Hey Wolfe, I've encountered the same problem on my '09 Adrenalin. Drivers side spring broke. I'm going down the same path as you, planning to buy the Monroe 271124s for the front. Did you end up installing the 271125s in the back? Did this level the ride out?

Thanks, Len
Yes, I did put the 271125s on the back as well. After getting the old rears off, they weren't in that great of shape anyway. Level was good after all 4 Monroes on and it rode nicely.

I put the Monroe front struts on as well as Mevotech lower front and upper front control arms. Truck drives like new. Love it.

I can also report smooth ride and great performance from these Monroe Quick Strut Assemblies , installed ~ 20,000 miles ago:
Front Left/Right 371124
Rear Left/Right 271125

Latest posts