ST's in for Transmission TSB 08-4-16

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you, JJ.

However, if you go through with the lemon law claim I suggest you NOT bring it up again; not to Ford and their lemon law dept, and not to the dealer.

Your next, first call when you decide to go that route is to a no-fee Lemon Law attorney in your state. They are not hard to find. Ford has been keeping them in gainful business for years now.

TJR

I just had my 2007 4.0 in for a few things and had them check my ST. It bumps or rocks when I cold start it and start off slow from a parked position. Once it warms up it is o.k.! The TSB referenced here talks about the V8 and talks about shifting problems when coming to a stop.

Has anyone had problems with the V6 and only from a cold starting and driving position? Also, the dealer said they didn't get any codes to show up when the did a diagnosis? Can they only find this problem driving it?

Thanks

Well I've been lucky as far as the tranny goes, haven't had it skip a beat. However today I got the news that both front wheel bearings need replacing. I took it in because the ABS light came on. They called and told me that the right wheel bearing was so bad that the wheel flexed and broke the ABS sensor off. They added that the left one was getting bad as well and that it should also be replaced. Couldn't give me an exact price to fix but said it would be in the $800 to $900 range, ouch!. Trac has only 28,000 miles on it, I really hope this isn't a start of problems to come.

wc:

my 07 v6 seems kinda sluggish when i start it leaving for work in the am, hard to get a smooth take off, it wants to studder a bit, but once it warms up (a mile or so) its ok, have considered cleaning the TB and MAF, as its got 34K on it now.

did it get fixed???

and jimp, you should still be under warranty... make an appt with the ford shop, ...don't mess with cleaning those parts yet...get it in the shop while you are still under the bumper to bumper. you have 200 miles left if you are at 34 k.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts