STUCK CD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using cds with paper labels. If so try ejecting and use a credit card for help.

Or you can pull both fuses. Then repower it. Sometimes it will reset and work.

I've had a couple of CD's stick in my ST as well... but they were burned CD's with a paper label attached to them (I gave my wife an earful after she put those d*mn things in the third time).

On the face of my deck (I will assume yours is likely the same), there is a "dust guard" at the area where you feed the CD - use a small screwdriver to hold open the dust guard, and the CD should come out.

when i had the factory one this happened several times. Eventually it started happening every time so i had to buy an aftermarket one, (which i would do anyways because I like mine now a lot more than stock). BUT what I always did was just get tweezers and pull it out because there was no other way of getting them out even with re-powering it. good luck

My '07 6-CD got stuck. The dealer just replaced it under warranty. Four weeks later I got an envelope with the six CDs that were stuck inside!

I had one stick just after I got my ST. The dealer had to replace the entire unit. They had to send it out to a radio shop to recover my CD's. No problem with the new one.

Sometimes mine will say bad cd and eject it. I wipe it on my shirt. then it loads and plays...:banghead:

Karl

I have the same 6 cd Pioneer in my Trac.

I found that my 2002 was holding my CDs as well. I would load a CD in a specific slot. IF, and I mean IF it played the CD, I would be lucky. When I tried to eject it it would tell me there was no CD in the slot which was just playing. I would also sometimes get CD error.

I was advise to reset the unit.

I unplugged my negative terminal overnight (I'm sure it takes less time but what the heck)

My CD player is working again.

There was an instance where I got a CD stuck inside & I could see it since the door was open. The tweezers trick may work but you will trash the CD. If you can see the stuck CD try bumping it with another cd. I did that & it loaded it again.

After the reset the Pioneer has been working fine now for 4 months.