Stuck in the carwash again

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topher5150

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I have an 08 V6 4x4. This is the second time this happened so I don't think it's a fluke. I drive in the carwash get my front tires on the belts, I pop it in neutral hands of the wheel foot off the brake. Then it's almost like the rear end locks up and skipping and jumping

Could be a bad axle, Stuck in 4wd, or the ABS has a bad sensor and is kicking in.....

I read some where that on second gen you have to pull the fuse for aotomatic 4 wheel drive to go through a belt drive carwash. Or it will kick in 4 high

I read some where that on second gen you have to pull the fuse for aotomatic 4 wheel drive to go through a belt drive carwash. Or it will kick in 4 high
Wow...didn't think that one through Ford.

Automatic 4 wheel drive, when the back wheels are turning and the front aren't it thinks you lost traction in the rear and 4 wheel kicks in

Never noticed any issues with my ‘07 V8 4WD Sport Trac?? I go to the Mike’s car washes and they have a kind of conveyer type platform that you drive on to? Before they retrofitted them all, you drove in and a cradle thingy caught at least one of your front tires and pulled you through! No problems ever with either!
OP......What happens with your Sport Trac to where you’re stuck? Does the truck refuse to move forward?? Just curious......
OLE442

While I don't care for that style of conveyor wash, I do occasionally go through one with no problems. My ST is a 2008 4.6 all-wheel. However, I do prefer the drive-in style where the wash occurs in one spot, then you manually move you vehicle through the rinse and dry cycles.

So I drive in, it has two belts one that grabs the tire and that moves along. I pull in the sign lights up I put it in neutral the belt grabs the tire and the whole truck starts jumping like it's in gear for about a second or two.
I'm wondering if I put it in neutral and kill the engine if that would do anything

Latest posts