• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sub box for 2002 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlthess40

Reaction score
Hi
I’m looking for a subwoofer box for my 2002 gen one sport trac. I’d like one for behind the back seat. I don’t care what size driver it was made for as I will mod it for my needs
I’m in Florida
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebay had a bunch a while back, or people made their own.... shipping one would be crazy.

If you make one for the oem location, behind the driver side rear seat. Remove the panel encloser, it will sound better.
sub peices removed.jpg

sub.jpg

My truck did not come with a factory sub
I have removed all of the panels from behind the seat. I have the wood to make a box but with being disabled, I do t have many (good days) to do woodwork like I used to do
I’ve built many many speaker cabs and sub cabs over the last 40 years
I just put this out to see if someone had one that they made and no longer need it
It’s probably better if I do make it myself as I have 3 amps and two dsp units that need to be installed as well

rodneysboxes has been selling Sport Trac boxes on ebay for many years, slides under wider rear seat, without subwoofer about $140, with subwoofer $150 and up depending on which of his speakers you choose. I bought one around 10 years ago with amp and enjoyed it til I sold my 2003 last summer

rodneysboxes has been selling Sport Trac boxes on ebay for many years, slides under wider rear seat, without subwoofer about $140, with subwoofer $150 and up depending on which of his speakers you choose. I bought one around 10 years ago with amp and enjoyed it til I sold my 2003 last summer

Can you still fold the seat down when there a sub box under it?

i did not like any for sale so had some made.
1624206767284.png
1624206802805.png
1624206861424.png

theres not a ton of room so got 3 8s in middle and single 10 in rear

I'm not a big fan of 8"s or 10"s anymore, after having a pair of 10"s of that very same 10 you have there (is that a RF?)

BUT, I was working in a Fox-body, so the guy before me that had the 2 10"'s didn't know that that was too little for the car. The fox-body needs a couple 12's to do it right.

It looks like you've got a 10" in the back-wall of this truck, is that right? AND, is that Rockford Fosgate (pretty sure it is, as I had two of those 10"'s in my last fox, and it was just too little). I'd like a single 12", preferably dual-voice-coil, but probably not enough room (except maybe where you found the room for that 10, which appears to be through the back wall).

Where are the 3 8"'s in there? Are they somehow installed down the middle arm-rest area? If so, I can't do that; need that area for the random crap I need to keep in that arm-rest area! But I'd love a 12" or two under the rear seats. Looks like you made room for a 10", so I bet a 12" could be done. :)

yes its a 10 in rear box and a kicker amp and there are 3 8s in the center box, basically a sub box with stock arm pad and yes i would like the extra space but not a lot of room to work with, as amps under seat eat up space. it was done back when i bought truck and now older and less wise and i was born deaf in one ear so need the bump. but thinking of changing rear to a 12 but it sounds really good still.

Last edited:

Latest posts