Suggested Maintenance Services?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 72592

Reaction score
I want to keep my 2009 Adrenalin rolling for many years to come, so I'd like to know when should the coolant, transmission fluid and any other "lubes" be flushed and/or replaced? I've heard of transfer case lube? Not sure what that is really. The kilometers are getting high already! About 145,000 KM (not miles). Any knowledge on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what that is in miles, I'm guessing around 100,000, so I would flush the tranny, coolant, rear axle, and if it is 4wd the front axle and transfer case.

The tranny will have to be flushed by a shop or Ford dealer. The front axle will have to be done by a shop with a suction machine, I go to the Valvoline Quicky Lube. The rear axle on a Gen 2 has a drain plug and is easy to do yourself if you have a suction gun or transfer pump and remove the spare tire to snake the fill tube through the hole in the frame. It takes two quarts of 75w-140 synthetic gear lube. The transfer case is similar, there is a drain plug and a fill plug. I have posted a Member Project here on how to do it. It takes about 1.5 quarts of Mercon ATF and I've used Mobil 1 ATF, Redline D4 ATF, and just recently Valvoline's new synthetic transfer case fluid.

Also brake fluid unless you know the shop does it when they change your brakes, most don't.

Power steering fluid if you're patient with a turkey baster.

Latest posts