Suggestions Welcome

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G M 2

Reaction score
I have a new 2005 ST Adrenalin. I am ready to start with the "mods". I think I would like to start with dual exhaust. Do you have any tips/tricks/suggestions. Should I try for whole exhaust system or jsut cat-back? Can I put exhaust pipes at rear or is behind rear wheels a better idea (I pull a boat)?

Full stainless steel or do stainless tips look OK? Should I start someplace else? I also want the hood scoop and a few other mods.

Money is not a significant consideration, I won the truck for free. Yes, for free.

No sugestions just you lucky SOB for winning the truck!!! I like the looks of the pipes comming out of the rear of the truck myself. (don't have that done to mine YET) Also be sure to do the shocks also.;)

Thanks Shawn, I feel very lucky indeed. Just dropped my name in ballot box and won only vehicle drawn in Canada, that makes odds of winning at 1:27.000,000. It was even a free draw, didn't even buy a tciket. Pictures of my truck are my member library. Thanks too for the tip on the shocks. Have any thoughts on the hood scoop. I see them on the F-150 and diesel and they do look good but on the smaller hood?????????.

Looks great! The scoop is great looking when put on. Congrats again on winning the truck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Does it have a bed cover on it? If not get one. (just looked again at the pics and saw you had one, sorry) Another trick for MPG is the cone filter system.(K&N, AIRRAIS, Ect.) I got a cheep one off E-Bay for like $40 and it works great.(It's just a off brand)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-2003-03-04-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-V6-AIR-INTAKE_W0QQitemZ8003773339QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the same just cheeper now than when I bought mine 2 years ago.;)

For the typing inept.

Last edited by a moderator:
See the link below for sound clips of various exhaust set-ups. Also, if you go to the "Performance" section of the Projects page, you can view members' different exhaust configurations.

You lucky son of a #%&#$@!@%$^&!!!!!! I don't know if I should kiss you or give you a black eye. Even came with chrome rims. Thats it its going to be a black eye.

You lucky son of a #%&#$@!@%$^&!!!!!! I don't know if I should kiss you or give you a black eye. Even came with chrome rims. Thats it its going to be a black eye.

Do what ever YOU could and want to it, Gerry. The way I look at it you have a $34,000 budget on mods. Supercharge the danged thing!

Only $34,000 for this guy in US? List is$ 43,500 here. Not braggin here but also has Remote start (Ford aftermarket) Cat: 3 hitch and that bitching Pioneer Sound system. OK so I'm braggin just a wee bit. I really do appreciate the input though. You "owners" may have seen some tricked out and I don't really want to make it look overboard. Its a fabulous machine that's for sure.

You know that since you got it for free and asked for our sugestions we get to live vicariously through you!!!! Deck the thing out completely. Every mod out there. Come-on, do it.;)

Gerry, start out with the shocks, then the swaybar, an intake, an exhaust, then a tuner, and see where it goes from there...

Don't forget FlipTrac's body colored splash guards as well after all the performance mods. Then all five window visors which is good for hot summers. Lucky you, have fun beefin' and sprucing up your free ST:D

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, Gerry,

Did we tell you that we charge a $20.00 (U.S.) consultation fee for every

technical answer that we give you on this site?

Just make the Certified Check out to Rich Stern, C/O we'rejustkiddingyou.com.

Congratulations!!! and welcome.;)

Gerry, I have one word for you:

SUPERCHARGER

Even if you have to take out a loan on the truck to get it, that is the single BEST thing you can do for a sport trac. ;)

Oh yeah, and run away from the Turdnado as fast as you can. hehe