supercharger

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have, Unfortunatly most have had bad results,

BUT there is a member going to the national meet this year that has said his is trouble free..

check out www.explorerexpress.com

Todd Z

The consensus from the most active supercharger member (now no longer has the ST) seemed to be that once tuned correctly it was fine, its when he tried to suck extra juice out by changing out the pulley system that he had the major issues. Although he said many time that for the amount of time and effort involved it was not worth it.

You 2 are talking about the same guy... Baron...

Todd Z

I have the EE supercharger installed on mine and so far no problem for 5000 miles. Initial problems were from the tuning but had that fixed and is now doing fine. current cranks out 310HP at the crank. Next project is to change the plugs, flush the tranny and increase the EPC. We will see what happens.

I wonder if there is any way to download the tune onto a PC through the SCT software to send to Wayne as a basis for future S/C tunes. I'm interested to know what the perameters are on the corrected tune. Baron's was running fine, except that it ran lean, then he put on the smaller pulley to up the boost and really had issues. I might need it later, hint hint...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup when the tune is set where the a/f ratio is set to lean that is a real problem, I started out rich which wasn't that bad, best way to determine is go to a dynotuner, a good one and see what can be done to correct the a/f ratio. and about if it can be downloaded yes it can, that's how I got my tune from my original tuner in Alabama. My sport trac currently has 49500 miles on it by the way.

Last edited by a moderator: