Superlift 4"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Bousman

Reaction score
I was looking into a superlift 4" suspension kit for my ST. I was wondering if anyone had any idea how hard they are to install and about how many hours?

I had one installed on my ST. It is pretty simple to do, I did it by myself. The hardest part is dropping and re-installing the front axle alone. If you have some help I would estimate about 3-4 hrs using air tools and a person working on each side of the vehicle. Without air tools I would double it. Also get your self a can of PB Blaster and soak all the bolts a couple days prior to starting. Also if I remeber correctly there is some grinding that needs to be on the axle housing as well for the drop bracket to mount correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
does the kit come with instructions on the process that needs to be done and how much do they run.....i found kits but you have to call fro prices

The kit comes with great instructions and lots of pics. Prices vary on the kits I think mine about $1600.00 but they are out there used for around 500 bucks. I bought mine from National Tire and Wheel www.ntwonline.com. But try Amazon and ebay as well. Go to the superlift website and get the part number for the kit you need. There are 2 different kits depending on the year of your ST. One kit is for 2001-2002 prior build 4/1/02 and a different kit for 2002 build date after 4/1/2002 through 2005.

You will also want the superlift driveshaft as well. The stock driveshaft cannot handle the new angle of the driveline and the cv joint destroys itself.

i just recently came across this beuty for a suspension lift, it will probably be what i end up going with, just in case u wanted to see another option instead of being stuck by superlift.

http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/view/8/2/