Swapped out my Flowmaster SUV 50 for the 40 series....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well,

I liked the sound and tone of the SUV 50 Flowmaster on my truck. But lately I grew un fond of the NON Flowmaster sound it had especially at the high RPMS....

So i got a 40 Delta Flow and installed it....

I like the lower tone, louder tail pipes and the interior noise is not bad at all... it does have a slight drone.... But it doesn't bother me....

I Like the lower tone !!!!

Any way here is the before vid and the after...

The quality is not the best because it is done with a camera and then edited to be website friendly..

I have the RT cat RT y-pipe, 3 inch in muffler and 2.5 inch tailpipes...

Whatcha think ??

Todd Z

BEFORE

<a href="http://www.mysporttrac.com/~library/10452/Flowmaster%20Dual%20Exhaust/Highflowcat%20015.wmv">Flowmaster SUV 50</a>

AFTER:

<a href="http://www.mysporttrac.com/~library/10452/Flowmaster%20Dual%20Exhaust/Exhaust.WMV">Flowmaster 40 Delta Flow</a>

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the new sound, but my exhaust is stock except for the FM DF50... with the 40, the droan was way to intense when I was driving about 57 mph, especially under load (crossing a bridge for example).

Glad you like it....

I cured the heavy drone by locating the muffler as close to the rear axle as I could...

Thats the trick to it..

Thanks ALL !!

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great and even better in person.

Clay, the y-pipe does not throw codes and still has the O2 sensors intact. Zabteck sells them so if you have more questions feel free to email me or post again.

George

Sam,

My st is an 03... 4.0 v6.. Same as yours...

Todd Z

Sounds good. I just got my Gibson cat-back the other day. No time to install it before I go on vacation though.

My old trailer hitch looks good too. :lol:

Johnny,

Thats not yours, Thats my old rusted junk Ebay special one...

Yours is sandblasted primed and waiting for a super coat of Por 15 special 2 part epoxy...

Todd Z