Sync Upgrades

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64847

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers on the pinstripe removal, they came off really easily. Next question. I have Sync with the base 1.0 release. If I update the s/w can I go directly to the latest release or do I have to upgrade to 1.1 and then 1.2 and finally 1.3. I would think that I could go right to 1.3 and it would fill in all the missing s/w. Oh yeah, I'm really likin' this website. Thanks, Tim

Tim, first you have to register your vehicle at syncmyride.com. Go to updates and follow the directions. Each succesive update contains the previous updates. So you can download 1.3 right away. Please, please follow the directions carefully. DO NOT turn off the truck or touch any of the radio controls until you hear the 2nd "installation complete" This will take some time to get there. I've heard some people say to hit "master reset" (Ford doesn't mention this so I don't know) Mine works fine by just following the directions. Good luck, Bob

Thanks. I'll do it today. I intend to follow the directions, I know the consequences. The 911 assist and vehicle health report is supposed to be a dealer job, anyone attempt it yet? Tim

I will get upgraded to vehicle health report and 911 assist some time this week. I work here at a dealership, haven't gotten around to doing it. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Latest posts