Syringe for greasing tie rod ends

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kil roy

Reaction score
what exactly does the syringe look like thats used

for greasing the sealed joints?

and where is the best place to get one?

thanks in advance

thats what i have been told but im not sure if i can just buy

football pump and use that or if there is a special syringe

made just for this purpose.

once again any ideas are appreciated

Thats a good idea about the pin for putting air into balls. I would cut th eend of it off though to let the grease out easier. Will have ot try it out soon when I hit 5000 miles on my '07.

Anyone know of the '07 has teh same "greaseless" ball joints and etc?

It is not the inflator needle for balls, it is a needle like the one's found on a medical syringe.

One end is sharp, the other looks like a grease fitting. Then do like Gavin said.

Be careful you don't stab yourself and inject grease under the skin, it will become gangrenous and we will need to amputate.

Here is what I use at my shop. The one I have fits into a tradition fitting of a grease gun so you simply slip it in and out as you need it..

[Broken External Image]:

These are specifically designed for grease guns. You can use it on traditional fittings as well as you push the ball down with the needle and the the needle seals at the tapered part against the zerc fitting.

They are harder to get the grease through due to how narrow they are, but they do a good job for what they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
coastie

thanks i would prefer getting a set of those if i can find them

in my area because i have 3 different grease guns.

i could just keep one of the guns set up for sealed joints

all the time.