Tailgate Ford emblem replaced

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggy Two

Supporting Member
4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Adrenalin
Reaction score
Bought the 2009 STA truck over a year ago and was depressing to see how worn the Ford emblem on the tailgate looked. So I replaced it. Easy to do with dental floss and plastic putty knife. Emblem even went on straight (the 3 centering pins helps).

Old one top photo.... new one bottom photo. I really enjoy projects that come out ok.

20220421_183053.jpg
20220502_172621.jpg

Its the little things that make it look good.....

I agee Todd.
Headlights and fog lights were replaced last year. Driver door moulding (section of rubber missing) and third brake/cargo bed light replaced (due to water in the older one).

But it was funny when the Costco gas attendant asked me recently if my truck was the new Maverick that Ford came out with.

I said sorry, no, I prefer a V8.

lol, We still get stopped in Blue asking if its the ranger....

My blue truck I got an OEM Ford replacement. on my black truck I got an aftermarket one on Amazon.

A few on here may have but I know on the FB forum many have. And the tailgate handle too.

Thanks . I am wondering how it will look as I think it sticks out more and the proportions of chrome ring to blue oval change as it has more outer ring to accommodate the camera. Not focusing on the technology here more the esthetics

Latest posts