Tar Tar Tar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart Adkins

Reaction score
I can't get my wheel wells clean. I ran through some tar a while back. I got all of it off the painted body parts and the cladding, but inside the wheel wells took a beating and I can't get it off. I scrub and scrub, I've used kerosene, and even gasoline to no avail. The road dirt has stuck to the tar and no matter how clean I get my Trac, the wheel wells (the plastic wheel well skirts) look like I've been mudding. I don't want to replace them just 'cuz they're dirty, but I just can't stand it anymore!:angry:

I don't want to replace them just 'cuz they're dirty, but I just can't stand it anymore!

Maybe a trip to the Psychaitrist would help. ;)

We need to get tgether sometime. We only live a few miles from each other.

Tom

I could swear I once heard someone mention mayonaise or miracle whip and a good one is vasoline. The vasoline sounds more beliveable, with it being a mild petroleum base. I would smear it on let it sit for awhile then rub off.

Mineral spirits on a rag,Rub it down the first time and then let it set for a few minutes.Then come back and rub it some more.Be careful and don't get it on the paint.It takes the wax off real quick.Be sure to wax the surrounding area after.Just went back and tried it to make sure.Also don't plan on using the rag again afterwards._Ron

If you live in the snow belt, the road salt should soon take care of the problem. Along with the front fenders, frame, spare tire hol...

Try wet steel wool. I use it on the chrome on my bike. Does not scratch. try it on an inconspicous place it you want first. I was worried at first but it really works - but must be wet.

Latest posts