tell me why i should......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
well it's been a few weeks that i have not been on this site, been sick and very busy.

hope everything is well with everyone and a happy belated b'day to todd z.

let me move on, the lease on my 04 adren is up and if i want i can order a new vehicle.

tell me why i should get a new 07 lmtd. sport trac. it's been running thru my head, but i am attatched to my 04, and the compliments i get on it.

TOUGH decision ! HELP !! :unsure:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I can't get used to the styling, though there are some nice new features. I can only come up with a "why not" get one, and thats that it is a "first year" vehicle again. Other than that, if you like it, go for it.

My 2001 is a "First Yr" vehicle with over 90K so that should have nothing to do with the decision. Plus everything on it has been in other vehicles (Mustang, Explorer) I would just wait if i where you till the Job 2's came out (with roll down back window) or untill the aftermarket game caught up with it. It is a sharp looking truck but I have seen the black 07's and they do look hot (I'm not a fan of the chrome but it looks good on the black...not so good on the other colors) Good luck.

bigger, more power, looks sweet, cool storage bays in box, cause i say so, all the cool kids are doing it.... hahaha

just please... please....please.... don't get dark cherry everyone on here seems to get the blackcheery and soon we will have to change the website to : www.myblackcherrysporttrac.com. I saw a black one today and it was sweet.

my only reasons not to is to wait until there is a job 2, or maybe next year to work out the kinks. That and by then maybe the aftermarket world may catch up.

I'm still not 100% sold on the '07s... Big D has good points on the upgrades, but IMHO it looks too F150ish from the sides and back, and I don't like the chrome grill... Anyway, I'm still keeping my '02 for as long as it lasts, maybe the new style will grow on me with time....

Keep it if you like it, and only get the new one if you can't resist it any longer! Personally, your 04 Adren looks rally sweet, and the new one looks great in black, too, so go for what you know, I just know that when I am finished with my truck note next March, I will be looking for the new ST in maybe Silver Frost or Oxford White. I am going to finish my obligation to paying it off and keeping it as a souvenir!:wub: After all, it has been worth it, and I will never find another truck like it, as it is an ORIGINAL! Kinda like my 91 EXplorer Eddie Bauer, which was the first true SUV!:wub:

Gary, I too am attached to my 04. but here's the thing..mine is paid off. I want to keep it as long as I can...oh yes I will get probably get the 08- V8 ST. You betcha I will. (Well that is my intention :) And I want it in 4x4 and BLACK too! (I'll settle for Dark Cherry though)

You should buy your 04. Pay it off and Get the 08 Why? Because you are attached to the trac you own. And because by the time 08's are out...the bugs will all be worked out..and There will be more toys to choose from on the ST :)

I would biy the lease out on the '04 and keep it a few more years. Dont let the bug to get you to do the finnancial impratical....JMHO...:D

Buying back the 04 off-lease probably isn't financially practical, or at the very least may not be. To be sure, go out and see if you can find the same year, same condition, same mileage STs for less than your buy back (with all things considered), and if you can, buy one of those instead IF you really want to keep an 04. Your buy-back price won't reflect the down-turn in the market for used-SUVs, which I have to assume has hit most every part of the country. You may be able to negotiate a lower buy-back price, but I doubt it (it's on your lease contract).

So, decide first if you can afford to keep the '04 or buy a similar used one; and compare that cost to buying or leasing a new '07.

Then, once you have considered all the financial options and pros and cons, then take the '07 for a test drive, or two...

Personally, I don't think the styling is THAT different, especially as I have seen the '07s in person (pictures just don't do it justice), and for the things I don't like about it when compared with the vintage models (like the grill), there are things I DO like (wider, longer).

TJR

seems that you have alot of expensive mods on the '04...are you going to put it back to stock ?...if not the dealer will probably dump cost on you...

AS TJR said do a search and see if you can make decent buyout...you have a very nice '04, that you apparently still like...

i appreciate everyones thoughts. fast eddie, yes i will remove most of the mods and sell them on the swap & sell as well as trade the chrome wheels and stepbars.

what i forgot to tell everyone, the s/t is my company assigned vehicle, the 04 would go back to the leasing company for auction.

The discussion on this thread is so hard for me to understand. It's so...rational, financially sound. My thought process when it comes to cars is - see car, like car, want car, buy car! And as we all know, vehicles are lousy investments. One word of caution to people like me, don't drive an '07 unless you are prepared to buy one. I had an '01 ST, and the '07 is a very different vehicle. The ride, the feel, the interior - all significantly better. I really liked my '01, but if one can get by the front end styling (which I still haven't fallen in love with), the '07 ST is a superior vehicle to the '01 in virtually every way.

I was so attached to my '01 plus it was paid for. I always got compliments on it but I get more compliments on the 2007 than I ever did on the 2001. Plus the new one has a V8 and it smells nice.

Latest posts