Testing Waters: 2002 Sport Trac Choice 2WD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDawn Houlahan

Reaction score
Been a while since I logged in, but have been a member here since 2002 when we bought our Sport Trac brand new. It's been a great truck with no major issues, but after 13 years (the longest my wife has EVER held onto a vehicle for, which shows how much she loved it!) she's wanting a smaller car now that the kids are grown and out of the house.

So, I figured I'd post here before dealing with Craigslist, or God forbid get bent over on a trade in...

So, the details:

2002 Explorer Sport Trac, 240,000 miles and is still driven daily!

XLT 4x2 Choice Equipment Group

4.0L SOHC V-6, five-speed automatic overdrive

Silver Birch Metallic with Dark Graphite cloth interior

Purchased brand new in April, 2002 by a Ford-only family, adult driven and maintained

Factory hard folding tonneau cover with keyed locks

Factory tubular bed extender

Dealer installed anti-slip rubber mat for bed floor

Dealer installed front tow hooks

Dealer installed vent visors

All original glass (front door glass tinted with legal percentage)

Factory step bars

Dealer installed fog light kit

Keyless entry on driver?s door with five digit code, plus keyless remotes (2)

Autolamps (headlights come on automatically at dusk)

Monochromatic day/night auto-darkening rearview mirror

Overhead console w/ outside thermometer, compass, and sunglass holder/garage door opener storage

Bucket front seats (driver power) with full console (rear A/C and heat controls) and storage bin with change holder

Front seats have Rostra power lumbar kits installed

Folding 60/40 rear bench with cargo storage behind both seats

Driver and passenger airbags

Three-point seatbelts for all seating positions except middle back seat (lap-belt only)

Textured rubber floor covering with Berber floor mats

Aftermarket brake and gas pedal styling covers

Pioneer Premier DVD/Navigation system with latest map and software update, features iPod connection in glove box, SD card slot, Bluetooth phone connectivity with hands free communication, and backup camera

Aftermarket clear front turn signals

Aftermarket carbon-fiber look taillights

Billet styling accessories include third brake light cover, antenna; MGW A/C control knobs, door lock knobs, and turn signal/wiper control

Trenz Billet grille

Ford Accessories tubular Class III hitch with draw bar and 2-inch ball provided in rear seat storage

Power windows (one touch driver express down), power door locks (including Pop-n-Lock power locking tailgate), power rear flow-through back window

Power disc/drum brakes with ABS, front brakes feature performance drilled/slotted and zinc coated rotors, with new calipers, pads, bearings, and brake hoses roughly two years ago.

3.73 rear axle ratio with limited-slip/Traction Lok differential

Cooling system flushed and new thermostat housing, thermostat, and cooling temp sensors roughly one year ago

New hydraulic timing chain tensioners installed roughly one year ago

New serpentine belt and belt tensioner pulley roughly six months ago

New alternator and battery in the last 90 days

A/C system recently serviced and tech says compressor is weak and will need replacing

Falken Wildpeak H/T All-Season Highway tires, less than two years old with roughly 70% treadwear remaining

Spare tire secured by aftermarket anti-theft tire lock

Bassani Xhaust stainless cat-back performance exhaust system with polished tip

Cold air induction system with cleanable filter, Pro-M mass air meter, and stainless inlet

Performance Distributors FirePower Ignition kit (Screamin? Demon coil and LiveWires plug wires)

New spark plugs, fuel filter, and PCV valve less than 30,000 miles ago

Lower trim, front and rear fascias, and step bars professionally painted body color (to look like the Sport Trac Adrenalin edition)

All stock parts (exhaust, air filter housing, front turn signal lenses, and single CD/cassette stereo) are available and can go with sale if desired

No open recalls, no check engine light, vehicle starts, runs, and drives extremely well for its age and mileage. Everything electrically works (cruise, locks, windows, lights, etc.). There is some timing chain noise heard on occasion, usually for a brief moment at start up.

Asking $4,500 and located in Central Florida area.

Please respond here with any questions or feel free to email me at my email address in my user profile.

Thanks!

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts