The Grim Reaper Build

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good!:haveabeer:

What brand are the LED bars? I've been looking around for a set.

How many coats did you do on the taillights? Looks like you did just the right amount. I've considered doing it on mine but everyone else has seemed to go too dark for my taste and I wasn't sure if it could be done light enough and still look good. You have proven it can. I've never really liked the huge red taillights contrasting with my green body.

Ford Motorsports has a complete kit for the disc conversion. I used the Ford kit in lieu of the kit Caymen pieced together.

@Jerry

I did get an alignment done right afterwards, but you're right... that camber looks bad. I went to some random shop so I could drive it 3 hours home so I'll take it by my usual mechanic here.

@Hugh

Thank you! The LED's are made by Exploration Outfitters. They are not as high end as visionx or rigid, but not far behind them on the specs.

For the tails, I used 3 coats. I didn't want them too dark, just enough to blend into the truck. I upgraded all my lighting to high output LED so my tails and reverse lights are plenty bright still. I actually love the red tails, but with the look I'm going for they didn't fit... I guess with your truck they might look a little Christmas-y as well.

Chadmerry

I will have to check out Ford Motorsports as I'd love to do this swap before it gets too cold here.

Thanks again everyone!

First off, I love your truck, it has to be the best looking one I have seen. I want to do the same thing minus the roof rack and bumper but in silver with 20" wheels with either 33" or 35" grapplers depending on how they fit. Do you have any tire rub at all, even when going offroad if you do? What year is the ST? I appreciate and ifo you can provide. Feel free to e-mail me directly.

Well it's official, I'm 98% complete with this damn money pit. I found the last NIB set of Bushwacker Pocket Flares in existence! AND the best part is, I got them shipped to my door, painted, and installed (them myself) for a total of $400. Not a bad addition and I needed them to cover these wide @ss meats :)

The last 2% to complete this build consists of finding a set of taillight guards... who has them?? and I'm currently getting this bad boy re-geared to 4.56.

I also managed to fab up some mud flaps and get those installed to keep from flinging rocks down the side of my truck. I know on my old white one, I beat the hell out of the drivers doors and step sides from those 12" tires. I'm not about to do that again. I know it's not the cleanest mud flaps out there, but they're functional.

Once again, bring on the comments, questions, critics... I'm here to help!!

0f643c703d274ae3c7f7a97963ffb967.jpg

98e39a911f648b4e8ae4abb9539c8e31.jpg

d1888337e6e19048feae9baee19045a8.jpg

Earlier in the year... GO POKES!! (not the season we had last year, but oh well)

b79cb625805c18ec83de3d1d2fc288fe.jpg

1b3175180612da619d607def9a928fd8.jpg

06e148cba52eed700235ca03f9e7967b.jpg

And now for the goods. Thanks goes out to Paints Unlimited again... best body shop in the mid-west.

f564ddbd62c9138e5f22a0f843ccb3da.jpg

She's pretty dirty from playing in the snow/mud here in Kansas. More pics to come!

f8fa672060fd7f2fe34786e0475dc7cc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late reply Vince. You are correct, the lowest backspacing they come is in a 4.65 or 4.56 (can't remember off the top of my head), but the bigger issue is they do not make it in our bolt pattern. So how did I resolve this issue? I simply purchased a set of 1" 5x4.5" to 5x5.5" wheel adapter/spacers. Now my wheel have 1" more backspacing and they are good to go. It sounds a bit ridiculous, but that's how bad I wanted these wheels.

Cheers