The Low Down

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STAworx

Supporting Member
4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Hello out there,
I’m getting to a point where I’m looking at lower my 10’ STA 2” in the front and rear with coil over shocks. I have been looking at QA1 with adjustable compression & rebound for the highest quality ride possible.
Has anyone out there went the direction of lowering a Gen2 Adrenaline with an adjustable coil overs?

Check out Scalesuspension.com

They sell a complete sport trac kit.....

Hello out there,
I’m getting to a point where I’m looking at lower my 10’ STA 2” in the front and rear with coil over shocks. I have been looking at QA1 with adjustable compression & rebound for the highest quality ride possible.
Has anyone out there went the direction of lowering a Gen2 Adrenaline with an adjustable coil overs?
I am considering doing the same thing to mine, looking forward to seeing the different options

Thanks the info Todd Z, I will check it out.

Thanks the info Todd Z, I will check it out.
EF232DD5-119E-4D0E-B0D7-DFE794D73309.png

Hello,
I Received my new Scale Suspension coil overs from the Northern Territory (Quebec, Canada), Wow they are a piece of work of Art.

Hello,
I Received my new Scale Suspension coil overs from the Northern Territory (Quebec, Canada), Wow they are a piece of work of Art.
Just FYI
Be prepared, the biggest fight I ever had, changing the rear shocks of my '04 ST 4x4. Also no air tools, just wrenching and sockets. Had to drop the spare and had to loosen all the brackets for the vapor tanks hidden under the truck bed and separate large vacuum hoses.
Then just getting to the top shock bolts, drivers side was the worst. If you have a lift it will be so much easier standing up.
Just trying to give you some insight into what it entailed for me, I never thought it would take most of the day for two rear shocks, the fronts were done in 1/2 an hour. All I put in was some skinny Rancho 5000 shocks. Of course I did it all alone thinking it would be a piece of cake.
Hopefully yours will be way easier with better tools than my project and with friends.

Post before and after pics. Really looking forward to seeing the ride height difference!

Hello,
Just FYI
Be prepared, the biggest fight I ever had, changing the rear shocks of my '04 ST 4x4. Also no air tools, just wrenching and sockets. Had to drop the spare and had to loosen all the brackets for the vapor tanks hidden under the truck bed and separate large vacuum hoses.
Then just getting to the top shock bolts, drivers side was the worst. If you have a lift it will be so much easier standing up.
Just trying to give you some insight into what it entailed for me, I never thought it would take most of the day for two rear shocks, the fronts were done in 1/2 an hour. All I put in was some skinny Rancho 5000 shocks. Of course I did it all alone thinking it would be a piece of cake.
Hopefully yours will be way easier with better tools than my project and with friends.

Post before and after pics. Really looking forward to seeing the ride height difference!

Work of Art! Exactly Right. Wow!
Gen 2 ST struts is way easier then the shocks on the Gen 1 rear......Completely different suspension.

Doe anybody know if Scale's kit works for the Adrenalin's or just for standard ST's, I don't know enough about the differences yet... I would love to drop mine a couple inches...

I found Scale's kit online a couple of years ago. They were completely unresponsive to inquiries regarding shock travel, spring rates, etc. I ended up building my own kit using a mixture of OEM mounts, custom spacers, eibach/ hypercoil springs and Viking Warrior double adjustable coilover shocks. I ended up setting it close to stock height, after corner weighting, on my 2009 STA, but it can go higher or lower depending on taste.

With the springs I selected, it worked out to a suspension frequency of approximately 1.8 Hz in front and 2.1 Hz in rear. Cornering capabilities on asphalt are vastly improved. Only downside I have discovered is that the stability control steps in much more frequently now that it corners much more aggressively. If I drive like a normal human it is awesome. Total cost was about $2K and 20 or so hours of research, engineering and assembly.

Attachments

• STA Suspension.JPG
    STA Suspension.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 138
Here is the answer I received from Scale today:

"Yes this application will perfectly fit your 2010 adrenaline version. In fact this application have been initially designed for an employee's sport trac adrenaline, so all our test , spring rate and valving have been developed mainly for the adrenaline version and we can customize them for the lower trims."

Sales and Wholesale Department
Toll-Free: 1 888 239 0770
INNOVATIVE RACING SUSPENSION

ui4LKqalvzeQW63ECX-CYavXEefrAwPK5B6At3c3IKQFIazXtMongClJmqkNyMS7wM2z2pMv3dAoII7JgLqgAF7zAWoMDSA_54_GyACgf6fPYB3Dy0SwoaQ=s0-d-e1-ft

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

I don't know about that Bronco1976, but at least they responded to somebody. 😎

Always glad to help a fellow ST'er!

Doe anybody know if Scale's kit works for the Adrenalin's or just for standard ST's, I don't know enough about the differences yet... I would love to drop mine a couple inches...
I haven’t installed my Scale Gen2 Adrenaline kit just yet, but I’ll be sure to advise ASAP when it’s installed.
I found Scale's kit online a couple of years ago. They were completely unresponsive to inquiries regarding shock travel, spring rates, etc. I ended up building my own kit using a mixture of OEM mounts, custom spacers, eibach/ hypercoil springs and Viking Warrior double adjustable coilover shocks. I ended up setting it close to stock height, after corner weighting, on my 2009 STA, but it can go higher or lower depending on taste.

With the springs I selected, it worked out to a suspension frequency of approximately 1.8 Hz in front and 2.1 Hz in rear. Cornering capabilities on asphalt are vastly improved. Only downside I have discovered is that the stability control steps in much more frequently now that it corners much more aggressively. If I drive like a normal human it is awesome. Total cost was about $2K and 20 or so hours of research, engineering and assembly.
Nice job. Building up a 4set of coil overs was the direction I was headed also. I amazed and doing the Happy Dance when my Scale 4set arrived on my front patio, as if it was X’mas Morning.

Just FYI

@Tylerxp2 , too late for you, but for anyone replacing the original factory shocks the first time. I'm certain there are some 2001-05 Tracs with original shocks. @EddieS'04 gave me this tip around 2010 when I was replacing original rear shocks on my 2005. 13mm flex head ratcheting wrench is a lifesaver for the driver side upper shock bolts. Paid for itself and didn't give blood using an open end or adjustable wrench. In fact, the only time I use open ends or Crescent wrenches is when nothing else can be used such as outer tie rods.
https://www.gearwrench.com/gearwren...-flex-head-ratcheting-combination-wrench.html

Last edited:
@Tylerxp2 , too late for you, but for anyone replacing the original factory shocks the first time. I'm certain there are some 2001-05 Tracs with original shocks. @EddieS'04 gave me this tip around 2010 when I was replacing original rear shocks on my 2005. 13mm flex head ratcheting wrench is a lifesaver for the driver side upper shock bolts. Paid for itself and didn't give blood using an open end or adjustable wrench. In fact, the only time I use open ends or Crescent wrenches is when nothing else can be used such as outer tie rods.
https://www.gearwrench.com/gearwren...-flex-head-ratcheting-combination-wrench.html
How do you think I got them on? Sorry for not saying what socket I used...