THE Rolling Stones

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Ellsworth

Reaction score
Not sure if there are any stones fans out there in ST land.. but I had the opportunity to go last night at Renchsler Field in East Hartford,CT (for free I might add... gotta love being in the Air Force)... it was an awesome show and it is just one of those things that I can look at my list of things to do in life and check that one off... since we were working the show we got there WAY before the doors opened so I was able to get some shots of Mick and the INSANE stage they had... check out the photos.. some are alittle bit blurry due to the insane lights...

JE

p.s. i just got back from the yankees game today and saw them come back in the bottom of the ninth- a great couple of days... tomorrow the NE Air Show!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool!:cool:

I saw them in '89 at the L.A. Coliseum. Awesome show. They are truly masters of their craft. Not too many other bands can hold 90,000 people in the palm of their hands for three hours, but Mick and the boys definitely did!

I also saw them during the summer of 89. I was working as a Guard at Busch Stadium and had the unfortune of having to guard the dressing room that night. There was an Australian Television station doing some interviews that night and as each one was waiting for the person in front to get done, they all just starting chit chating with me. A memory I will never forget.

Sounds great, I saw them in 93 and 03 in Toronto, always a great show. In 2003 we were 10 rows from the stage:cool: it was too cool. Cant make it this tour though:(

Todd

Saw them in the 70's a couple of times. No way I would pay $150 to see those old geezers now. For free, I'd definately go.

Got me beat, Tom... I saw them in '81 at Candlestick Park in S.F.

I laughed when their tour was entitled the 'No Security Tour'... It shoulda been called 'The Social Security Tour'! lol

I was working out at Sac Intergallactic Airport then, and Mick & Keith had their own plane, and the rest of the band was in a chartered Northwest 727!

I've never seen them--but a close friend of mine was at their 6/12/64 concert at Danceland in Excelsior, Minnesota during their first ever US tour. At the time they were a little-known band, performed poorly and drunkenly, and got booed off the stage.

During this visit (in fact, the next morning), Mick went into Bacon Drug Store, an Excelsior store with a soda fountain, to get a prescription filled. Jimmy Hutmaker, a.k.a. "Mr. Jimmy", a "local color" guy who had met Mick at the concert then night before, and who has some mental difficulties (although is pretty lucid most days--he still wanders the streets of Excelsior every day visiting with everyone he meets, he's now around 75), was in the store in line in front of Mick at the moment, ordering a cherry coke. Problem--they were out of cherry juice. So the guy behind the counter gave Mr. Jimmy a regular coke. Jimmy shrugged his shoulders, turned around to Mick, and commented that, "You can't always get what you want"--and a mega-hit was born. (True story! The references to "Mr. Jimmy", a "prescription", "cherry soda", etc., are all believed to be references to this encounter.)