THE SOPRANOS!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Pierobon

Reaction score
What did you all think about the ending to the Sopranos? In my eyes it was brilliant, David Chase could not have don't it better. Really if you think about it, closing off the Sopranos, because of its size and just scope, it would be like landing a boeing jet on the water, can't be done. I think it was just amazing. Its an ending that will truely never be forgotten.

Patrick Pierobon

Yes i do believe that the ending was great. In the end it was just him and the family.

The movie aspect would be cool but, I do think there will be an overwhelming want for

another season and this really keeps the door open.

I really hope they will bring it back, but probably not.

Paul H:D

That was possibly the worst episode I've ever seen of the sopranos! Other then Phil getting whacked, it was just horrible.

I'll never get that hour back either! Oh, wait, I didn't watch it. I was watching "The Incredibles" with my 6 year old son, enjoying his constant comments on the action. I don't want that hour back!:cool:

I can't tell, my TV went off in the last few moments .....

Then it came back on to run the credits, but took a few more moments to get the sound back.

LOL, it SUCKED!

Patrick I am with you. Other than Tony getting whacked that was a great ending. Also.... the tire to Phils face............ WHOA! haha Everyone Cheered when they saw the gun.... went OMG when he finally got shot.... then Laughed so loud I thought my lungs were gonna burst when the SUV was still in drive.... :p

But...

I still feel bad for Junior.

Something about nursing homes that makes me cringe.

All I could say was...."It figures." Chase never does what you'd expect.

S'all right, leaves room for a movie later on.

For those that wanted closure...STBY. Life doesn't have closure. Life isn't all neat like that.

I thought the ending was brilliant. Do I think it was a gimmick? Sure, I guess. But I prefer that ending to an ending of him getting hauled away by the feds, or one in which his brains get splattered all over a screaming Carmella and a crying A.J. as Meadow walks in. Those were the two scenarios going through my mind as I literally was sitting on the edge of my seat.

When the screen abruptly went to black and the music cut, then a few moments later the credits started I said to myself..."It's over!"

My wife said: "What happened?" And I said: "Chase played us...he built up that scene. One last time he wanted to take us to the edge, waiting for the axe to drop...and it didn't!"

I think Tony was okay...all was well.

Or, maybe like he and Bobby discussed on the boat, "When it's your time, you never see it coming...you never even hear it!"

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay....I just had it explained to me by a caller to a radio show, and now I can agree that Chase is very, very good.

First of all, the guy who walked and sat at the counter was Phil Leotardo's nephew introduced in some earlier episode. Second, he walked by Tony to go to the bathroom, and as Tony was facing the door, he would be able to get to next to/behind Tony with a gun after he left the restroom. Lastly, remember when Tony and Bobby were in the boat, and Bobby makes that comment about not seeing or hearing it coming. THAT'S what we saw: Tony got shot in the head, and the last thing he saw was Meadow entering the restaurant!

I feel stupid for not realizing it, especially since Chase probably "borrowed" it from an well-known early episode of MASH where Hawkeye's journalist buddy talked about "not hearing the bullet" when you get shot in war, and then he gets shot in the same fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it made perfect sense to me too when I heard someone else say it.....and as an added bonus for Chase, many people are still interpreting it (see the review above) as just ended with a family dinner where nothing happens!

I was analyzing all the possible scenario's also.. The guy that went to the bathroom and the 2 that were at the table that he kept watching. It would make sense if that was Phil's cousin that went to restroom and then all is blacked out. But an explanation to Chase's madness would be nice..

I was analyzing all the possible scenario's also.. The guy that went to the bathroom and the 2 that were at the table that he kept watching. It would make sense if that was Phil's cousin that went to restroom and then all is blacked out. But an explanation to Chase's madness would be nice..

Latest posts