Thermostat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Hart

Reaction score
My coolant temp. gage is going to the full hot side during morning warm up. The check engine light comes on for a moment or two, then the temp gage dives to normal temp reading. It works fine for the rest of the day.

I went and got a new thermostat for my 03 Trac from auto zone. I saw the post for installation of the TStat and thank you for the post. Auto zone gave me a flat rubber band looking gasket not an o-ring. Is this going to be the wrong part? Any advice before Ii start the job? My Thermostat is on the drivers side just to the left of the intake.

Thanks

I have seen many that are flat. I have not done the Trac stat myself. But it is not uncommon for the seal to be a flattened O-Ring kind of thing.

if its like a 1/4 thick, little bigger than quarter size gasket that they gave you its the wrong one. They gave me the wrong one too. it should be just a little smaller than the widest part of the tstat. changing it out isnt too bad i went by the project posted for the most part and its pretty self explanatory