Thinking about getting one of these....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a few hundred more, you can get an XCal with improved shifting, better power, and fuel economy....along with a speedometer recalibrator.

That is what I would do.

Tom

$400 though. That seems like to much money to me. I cant wrap my head around $400.

Even with the Xcal in existance, what do you think about the item?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed for another $275 you can get the best thing you can ever do to your truck and XCAL2...

Trust me it is 100% worth it...

Todd Z

Can someone post me what the XCAL2 does, and where one might go to get this? I would like as much info as possible. If you don't want to make a large post, you can email me the info to [email protected] I appreciate it!

Bootsy-

It just reconfigures how the computer in the ST acts. Typically, it advances the spark, ups the fuel, removes various limiters and can fix calibration issues. Sometimes, its needed because certain engine/drivetrain modifications are outside the preset parameters of what the stock computer can deal with.

An XCAL is a good first step, but to really get the most of it, other basic modifications (air intake, exhaust) are needed.

Latest posts