thinking of selling my trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grayson Hogue

Reaction score
so there's this mustang on the side of the road.

67 mustang

pretty well kept up

new audio system

rebuilt 289

30,000 miles on that 289

i dont really know how good that engine is and how long it will go without some problems compared to my 01 trac with about 53,000 miles

i like my truck and all but ive really wanted a 67 mustang for a long time.

i would be doing some repairs myself unless they were big ones.

i hooked up my audio system in my trac after just looking at some of the projects on the site so i think the stuff i would want to do whould be pretty easy.

tell me if you think this would be a good buy or not but please dont slam me.

the mustang is for $8500 and my parents bought my st in march for $13,000.

i would obviously sell my trac then buy the mustang but i dunno.

Do not subject a car like that as a daily driver. The proper way to own a classis is to have something else to drive when you aren't driving a classic.

Tom

i didn't think there was a proper way to own a classic. I would no always keep mine in the garage or a trailer. A car was ment to be driven not as a trailer queen, expecially during all months.

While I agree with you chris p, a car such a a 1967 Mustang should be driven on nice days. They are investments that should be taken care of. Drive something you don't care about in the winter, drive the nice car in the summer.

I agree with driving them, but a vehicle like that is hard to find, lets not make it any harder.

Tom

I agree with Tom..Even my modified '94 stang is a pleasure cruiser. If I ever get the '69 or '70 stang I want, even more so..;)

i understand where you guys come from. but when i build a car, i want to drive that car, even during the winter, yes they are investments, but it was ment to drive. but thats me, everyones different

wait a minute!

a car an investment? oh, not that kind of investment ... for minute there I thought you guys were talking about how a car can be an investment... financially speaking of course. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
some cars are financial investments

I agree that if you have a car, it should be driven, not just stored every day of the year.

I don't know, I rebuilt my 75 mustang , Spent over 10K in that car, Drove the heck out of it every day for 60K miles...

I agree there are trailer queens and weekend cruisers, But IF I spend that kind of money I want to use the thing....

Todd Z

I wouldn't drive something that old as a daily driver. I had a '73 Mustang convertible through high school and college and it drove like a sled compared to modern vehicles. Lousy handling, poor brakes and more flex in the body than a gymnast. I once rounded a corner, hit a bump and the door flew open! Not to mention lousy A/C, large appetite for starter solenoids and water leaks. I sold it at a Kruse auction in Houston and was glad......:cool:

Latest posts