Those Disintegrating Body Mount Bushings

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yardsale

Reaction score
Hearing some creaking; it's time to replace the disintegrating body mount bushings. If I recall correctly, the offending bushings are the four sets under the cab area (noted with an asterisk (*), below).

Is is sensible to replace all eight sets? I notice that the rear spring bushings are cracking and figure that rubber body mount bushings can't be far behind.

I searched and found some threads, but didn't see part numbers for the bushings. My guess is:

Front (#1)(top, bottom): 1L2Z-100155-AA, 1L2Z-100155-EA

*A-piller (#2)(top, bottom): 1L2Z-100155-BA, 1L2Z-100155-FA

*C-piller (#3)(top, bottom): 1L2Z-100155-CA, 1L2Z-100155-GA

Rear (#4)(top, bottom): 1L2Z-100155-DA, 1L2Z-100155-HA

If this is incorrect, would someone please post the correct part numbers?

Thank you,

Y

Mine are shot as well, I'll be using the DayStar bushing kit when I do mine, I'm not even going to think about oem bushings. I think Todd just did his, there's tons of threads on here about the bushings, I'm on my phone or I'd post links to the threads and parts.

FORGET FORD !! they will cost you close to a grand for all the parts !!! you have to see my FB post about this.... I JUST replaced mine...

I would recomend the PROTHANE kit ( I sell both, daystar and Prothane) IT fits soo much better.....

The daystar kit had wrong instructions and the back one was a nightmare...

ALSO ford was nice enough to discontinue the back bolts.... i found them in a delaer in florida,,,,,

This sucks... I complained to Ford and was told the basic BS about 10 years on parts..... WHATEVER !! its plain BS !!

I will GLADLY talk to any one doing this, I have alot if info to offer..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up Todd Z. I'll be getting in touch with you in the spring when I do my bushings at the latest, they aren't anywhere near as bad as yours were but the body is definetly sagging. I haven't checked yet but do you have the kits listed on Zabteck?

I replaced mine also with the Prothane, the ride is so much better and the handling. I researched all bushings and found the prothane to be easier and imo better for me.

Hi all,

I just finished mine, interior back in , etc.

My one tip is to get the interior out, and then when ready to remove each mount bolt, put a propane torch on the bottom tip of the bolt for about 60 seconds, then using an impact wrench from the top the bolt will spin right out.

Once I figured that out, it went very smoothly.

Used the Daystar kit, no issues.

Truck rides like new.

Regards

Jeff

I realize there is a huge price difference between the OEM and most of the polyurethane products. Considering the original OEM set lasted 10+ years, I'd replace them at the $1000+ cost. What I don't want is a more stiff ride.

While there are many formulations of polyurethane, I have no way to compare any of them to each other or to the OEM. Any comparisons or comments on the ride comfort?

Todd - those are some really messed-up bushings. What happened to that bolt? Oh - can you guide me to your FB post?

Wilkrod - Heating the bolt end makes sense (great idea). I suspect the thread lock used is the heat release type.

I attached the pics, Noo need for FB post now....

The ride to me is WAY better, softer while driving, major bumps still hit hard....

Wilk Rod. Take a look at the BACK bushings... they are WAY larger then the OVAL OEM metal nut and will move around on you, I installed 3 sets and I now make a custom washer to solve the problem. I am talking with Daystar on a permanent repair..

Todd Z

THIS IS NOT a basic mechanic repair, you MUST have a good knowledge of how this stuff works... There are tricks and if yours were like mine, you need pipe wrenches, and strong people, and the ability to muscle and maneuver safely...

Todd Z

Todd, any chance you can put together a kit of your own with the Prothane kit you recommend and any peripheral parts you think are needed (replacement bolts, nuts, washers, etc.) and some good instructions? If so, any idea what that kit would cost?

My bushings look about like yours, I've pretty much resolved myself to the fact that this job is over my head, and I've heard enough about how much of a pain in the ass it is that I'm not even confident that my usual mechanic will be able to get it done without me handing him the parts and info.

I can follow instructions and I'm not afraid of getting bloody or dirty, but all the talk of torches, broken bolts and impact wrenches makes me think this is one to leave to the experts.

Latest posts