throttle body or underdrive

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas DeMarco 2

Reaction score
in the past 14 months i've drivin my st 34000 miles since new. i just got my 265/75/16 revos and now i wan to improve my mpg. got the k&n intake, did the transfer and diffs royal purple, now i have enough money for a TB or a under drive. gotta go from new york to south carolina the end of the month so which one would be the best?

gotta go from new york to south carolina the end of the month so which one would be the best?

South Carolina.

Couldn't help it.

I highly doubt that either one of those is gonna get you any increase in mpg, sure they may sound good in theory but that's about it.

Throttle Body can give you better MPG. but most likely you will be using the Extra Horses. and drop you MPG.

I found that the XCal II to gain in MPG.

it can be programed for Perforance or MPG. just let the tuner know.

DMac,

Honestly if you are going to spend a few hundred dollars on something to save some mpg it will take you a long time to make that back. Yes the TB can help with mpg as long as you keep your driving habits the same.

If you are looking for performance I would recommend the throttle body before the underdrive pulley. We (Zabteck) sell both the TB and pulley if you are interested in buying.

If you have any questions I will be happy to help.

George

My suggestion would be the TB...... you'll have the extra HP there when you want to use it. If you keep your driving habits the same you will increase your mileage. It was my first mod and I have seen the improvement in gas mileage.

it's a birthday present. i wanted a bull bar but can't find nething i like so i'm gettin a free mod. i tow my seadoo jet boat in the summer and i go offroading upstate so a mod that helps wit mpg and gives me more hp will help me