Throttle Body Spacer?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Childs

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have heard many, many varying stories about throttle body spacers, some good, some bad, but all saying something totally different. In fact, I don't think I have ever heard the same story about any spacer available in terms of gains and performance increases.

I am wondering if buying a spacer would actually do what they are advertised to do, with the gains in horsepower and torque, improved gas mileage and throttle response and what not. I have come to expect that any gains in any average upgrade of any kind (intake, exhaust,etc.) are not universal, but I am curious if buying a throttle body spacer will really help increase any of the aspects that most of us want to increase (HP, torque, GAS MILEAGE, etc.). If you have any feedback for me to help this decision, I would greatly appreciate it.

if you are looking for something like this you are better off getting one of Zabteck's TB's...i'm sure you will hear more...jsut do a search for it and you will find plenty

A TB spacer on our trucks are useless. They don't help in any way.

A Spacer is said to work on throttle body injection (where the fuel is injected into the intake - like as with a carburetor) not on a "dry" intake.

As far as a Zabteck Throttle body check the link below.

Paul H

Throttle body spacers work on throttle body injection systems where the fuel is injected into the intake at the throttle body. Otherwise (with an air-only throttle body), it's just air in the throttle body and there is no air-fuel mixing, so no improvement. So I have been told ;-)

As Paul H said, spacers on a dry intake is nonthing more than a paper wieght. Dont believe any hype. There is definitly dyno proof for motors where the fuel and air is mixed in the intake.